FINAL video project

In all honesty, I want my final video project to show the best of me without getting too intimate - but getting close enough to understand things that were genuine in my life. I want to show what I lost in 2016 and how I won't get it back because life moves fast but This video is my way of pausing life to look back on and remember when everything was in my opinion whole.

I want to focus on my old house because it is ALWAYS on my mind, how much I miss it - what I would do if I ever got to be inside it again - how I would react and what emotions would be instinct.

I want it to show my house and scenes places that meant the most to me within and without of my house.
I need to show gratitude to my mother and father for making that home beautiful and my brother for keeping my company. 
all in all this video will reflect on the past.


  • Matthew Barney- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPCl0sbiHo
  • This video was broken down into a couple different scenes. One is the football field halftime show thing, another being the room where the "flight attendants" were lounging and a woman in a white box her body is contorted inside.all in all, I have absolutely no idea what the hell this video was about, it did not help me in any way shape or form except set the example for what not to do for my video project.

  • Gary Hill - Meditations 
  • a stereo is shown on the screen while a man speaks in the back of it speaking nonsense. Very unnerving to listen to. The announcer is narrating the entire video, I guess he is talking into a microphone since the sand on the speaker is vibrating with every word he says. He is talking very slow. I did not enjoy this video any more than I did the last one I don't understand half of what is going on in this video.

  • Bill Viola - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJQmV8aPNao
  • This video, in particular, surprised me with its lense being unfocused in the beginning. It's pretty self-explanatory what the message is. multiple people are being poured on by some sort of unknown shower over their head, whilst naked. Male and Female are present in this video and the title is acceptance, so perhaps the message is that all people should be accepted? My guess is as good as anyone's.

  • Andy Warhol - Andy Warhol Eating a Hamburger
  • This video is as straightforward as it gets. So very different than the last 3 videos I watched. To summarize it is merely a video of him eating a hamburger from Burger King. He starts by unwrapping the burger then he proceeds to pour ketchup on the side of the paper that once held the burger and occasionally dips his burger in the ketchup until he is finished. This video's sound is so loud but I think it is done purposely. It reminds me of the all too popular ASMR videos you see on youtube where a person is eating and chewing into the microphone. It's positively disgusting but it's like a bad car accident you can't stop watching.


  • Paul McCarthy “Painter”
  • well, I expected WAY better from him... the entire video is a man who has huge hands and a huge nose and around him are huge tubes of paint while he is also holding a huge paintbrush. he is talking nonsense and you cant understand a word he says (most likely because of the huge nose on his face) but you can make out a few odds and ends here and there. Finally, as the video goes on he takes the paintbrush and paints big unspecific strokes on the canvas whilst speaking in riddles and walking back and forth pacing. In truth, he looks like he might have a mental illness and I am not sure if I should be offended or laugh because he is clearly an artist and so am I but he is unwell. I dont want to think ill of Mr. McCartney but what kind of video was this supposed to be and what was he looking to gain from it cause i got zip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique review (self reflection)